Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone received a credit back for the cost of Turbo Tax due to home energy credit information not being included requiring an amended return to be filed?

I received an e-mail from Turbo Tax stating I would receive a full refund of the product within 3 weeks of filing an amended return. I filed my amendment more than 6 weeks ago but have not yet received a refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Has anyone received a credit back for the cost of Turbo Tax due to home energy credit information not being included requiring an amended return to be filed?

This thread is kind of going in circles.

The OP @tanyalanderson  definitely needs to call back and speak with TT customer service. The refund link for the Online product is practically useless. Keep calling back customer support until you get someone that issues an immediate refund with a confirmation number. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you but I did call Turbo Tax yesterday and was provided a link to request a refund which I submitted. I then received an e-mail stating the online version of Turbo Tax was not eligible for a refund. I am receiving conflicting information. 

I am having the same issue!

Hopefully everything will work out with a bit more time. It is frustrating to call and not receive a resolution. (AND I am still waiting for the additional federal refund from the amended return that I filed.)

I was hoping by posting here that TurboTax would take another look at everyone who was instructed to file an amended return to be sure our refunds were received. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Is this what you are looking for?

Amend my 2023 to correct Home Energy Credit

Thanks Catina - I have already amended my return and received the adjusted refund from the IRS. Turbo Tax had sent a notification that they would refund their cost this year due to the error in not having the form available. I am attempting to chase down the refund from Turbo Tax (so far, unsuccessfully). 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a link: How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

This thread is kind of going in circles.

The OP @tanyalanderson  definitely needs to call back and speak with TT customer service. The refund link for the Online product is practically useless. Keep calling back customer support until you get someone that issues an immediate refund with a confirmation number. 

It is not a refund of the TurboTax product.  It is possibly an additonal refund of your taxes paid.  

Thank you! I will give a call back - was just traveling for work this week and hoping someone may have been able to guide me in getting a response from Turbo Tax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies