Shelbyashirley

Filed 1/11/20 and it says pending but someone I know filed yesterday and has been accepted?

I guess I’m confused if I did something wrong? Orrrrr could they have been in a test batch or something? 
I filed and it says I filed 1/11/20 and it’s currently pending. I guess I’m just wanting clarification because when I look on WMR it says all my info is invalid. Is it because the irs hasn’t accepted yet? 

The IRS officially opens on January 27.  On or after that date your tax return will either be accepted or rejected.   If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status -   https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The IRS pulls small batches of tax returns for testing purposes on the IRS systems.  The vast majority of tax return will not be accepted or rejected until the IRS officially opens.

Shelbyashirley

That didn’t answer my question at all dude 

MichelleLO

Since the IRS just began processing tax returns on January 27, 2020  your federal tax return may take longer than usual to be accepted. It takes the IRS some extra time to process the backlog of returns. You're return will stay in pending status until the IRS accepts it.  The below FAQ outlines why you not see a record of your return on the Where's My Refund? site:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...