Ramwiz

Efile Statue still pending - Have my taxes been filed or not?

I finished and filed my taxes Fed and State on January 26,2021 and got an email after paying that Turbotax would transmit my taxes when the IRS started to accept returns on Feb 12...well its Feb 16 and my etax return status is still Pending.....This is totally unacceptable....did my taxes get filed or not? No email saying my returns had been sent and I should wait for follow up email stating whether or not they have been accepted...This is the first time that Turbotax has not set emails saying my taxes have been filed...How do I make sure my taxes were indeed filed?????

AndyS1

I'm having the same issue, and I filed on Feb. 2. It's very unsettling.

TurboTax does not send tax returns to the IRS or a state. Tax returns are pulled from the TurboTax servers by the IRS and States.

Your tax returns will remain Pending until the IRS starts pulling tax returns from the TurboTax servers. It may be several days after the IRS start date before your tax return gets accepted or rejected.

The IRS has to pull millions and millions of tax returns from servers throughout the country after the official IRS start date of 02/12/2021.

AndyS1

Thanks for the insight.

Rasheeda32

Same here n I filed 1/13/21 n mines still saying pending n I was transmitted on 2/12/21

Taxlax

Welcome to the community of majority of people whose e-filed Tax returns are in "Pending Status". I filed my Tax return 11 days ago on 2/10/21. I am also in same limbo. No satisfactory reply from any TurboTax. I am not sure who is responsible for this delay. However this is not acceptable. It is the responsibility of TurboTax to keep us informed as they have been paid in advance.  May be consumer groups should get involved?

MichelleLO

Please see the TurboTax FAQ Why is my return still pending? for more information on the pending status of some returns.