72valerie

earnings dispute between ss amd my taxes

2020 earnings shown on turbo tax and my proof of income sent to SS to show on my earnings record differ

Please explain.    Any data that was in TurboTax was entered by the user.   Did you enter something incorrectly from a W-2?  Did the employer report a different amount to SS for you than the amount you see on your W-2?

Mike9241

a possibility is that you were looking at taxable wages on TT (w-2 box 1) which can differ substantially from social security wages (w-2 box 3).

What kind of earnings?   W2 or 1099Misc, 1099NEC?  There is a year or 2 lag  for earnings to show up on your Social Security record.