coastalguy

Duplicate Stimulus

I hadn't received my stimulus check when I e-filed, so it was added to refund amount. Today, just received the check, so if still added to refund, it will be a duplicate, Will the IRS catch this and fix, or do I need to do something to remove it from the e-file amount which is still pending?

ErnieS0

Duplicate Stimulus

If your return is pending, there is nothing you can do right now. Pending means your return is with the IRS, but they haven’t accepted it yet.

If your return is rejected and it comes back, then you can add your second payment.

If your return is accepted, the IRS will most likely adjust your refund, since they are the ones sending out the stimulus. The IRS will begin accepting and processing returns on February 12 so nothing has come back yet.

If your return is not adjusted, file an amended return and pay back the duplicate amount. Click here for help: How do I amend my 2020 TurboTax Online return?