Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to update my direct deposit info to receive my stimulus payment. I haven’t received it yet

I noticed on turbo tax’s Facebook page tgat many are sharing a link to update their direct deposit account information. Is this a legitimate link?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Do I need to update my direct deposit info to receive my stimulus payment. I haven’t received it yet

It is NOT valid ... there is no way to do it legally  per the IRS regs... it is probably a scam. 

All you can do now is put a forwarding address request with the post office if allowed.

If for some reason you do not receive your stimulus, you can have it added to your refund. The IRS will stop mailing payments on 1/15 and will  not begin processing returns until  sometime after 1/25  so all stimulus payments should have been received by then and you can file the return with the credit.

Please wait until you are certain there is no second payment, then you can follow these steps, if necessary. 

• After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, stimulus will be the first question.
  • If you are trying to trigger it: 
    1. go to Other Situations
    2. click Done. 
    3. The next question will ask about payments received.
  • The program will determine the missing amount and add it to your refund.

Please see: Is My Second Stimulus Check on the way? and the IRS stimulus website

If you fail heed this warning to wait and you do file prematurely  and a payment does come in after you have filed ....  then your return will be delayed, for possibly for weeks,  while the IRS corrects the error... so don't be in a rush this year.

That must be a hacked site.  Do not put any information on it.

Yes apparently there was a legit email that went out on how to update your bank info.   Before Jan 15 you can update your bank info,  see

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/did-turbotax-send-a-email-for-a-link-to-...

If this is legit then either TT or more likely the third party processing bank was looking for that information ... the IRS site clearly says it is not allowed.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies