turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

juanbeltran1980
Returning Member

Do I need address this, I just received a letter from IRS OMB Clearance No.: 1545-0075 from June 17? Corrected my return with e-file July 4 & already received my refund.

*The first time I filed my return was rejected so when I corrected the return it gave me the option to switch to e-file*

Today I got a letter from IRS (OMB Clearance No.: 1545-0075) and it says it’s from June 17,2020. It is now July 12th and I received my tax refund in the bank through direct deposit a few days ago. Do I still have to send in the required documents because it says “we need more information to process the return accurately?” Since I have already received my refund is this even relevant anymore. When I fixed some errors on my return July 4, it gave me the option to switch to e-file to fix them so I did. Also on the where’s my refund page on irs.gov it shows that my refund was accepted/processed already also.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Do I need address this, I just received a letter from IRS OMB Clearance No.: 1545-0075 from June 17? Corrected my return with e-file July 4 & already received my refund.

What did you do?  Did you first mail your return and then efile it?  What do t hey want?   I don't know what you should do.  Maybe reply and say you already fixed it and efiled.   That's going to cause a lot of people problems when the IRS gets 2 tax returns.  

First ... changes you make in the program AFTER you successfully efiled the first time does NOT go anywhere ... it is impossible to send in anything a second time.

Now, since your return has obviously been processed by the evidence of the refund being issued you can ignore the out of date letter from the IRS ... this not not unusual in normal times and even more so in these crazy times.   If the IRS really wants you to send something they will ask again. 

Did you get your full refund?  Is it a CP 75 or LTR 75 Notice?  For EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit?  This?

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp75-notice

If you already received your refund, the IRS apparently accepted the changes you made in the efiled return.  That is the problem with mailing a return and then later efiling a return. Now you don't know what to do because the IRS is processing both the mailed return and the efiled return. 

Make sure the deposit in your account was the refund from your federal  tax return and not a stimulus payment or a refund from a state return.  If it was a refund for your federal tax return and was the amount shown on your efiled return, I would respond to the request by sending a note to the address where the request said to send it telling them a later efiled return has already been processed and you have the refund. 

Agreed ... if you mailed in the return and later efiled it the IRS can be confused since they are processed by different departments that don't always know what is going on ... a note back to the letter explaining what you did and that the return has been successfully processed and the refund issued will let them close the open issue.  If there is a number on the notice you can call you can give them a call  or a fax number to send a response is also a valid option. 

juanbeltran1980
Returning Member

@VolvoGirl since it was rejected Turbo Tax had the "Fix it now" option which is when I fixed it through E-file

juanbeltran1980
Returning Member

@VolvoGirl It was an LTR 12C notice and yes I got a full refund. The first time I filed it was rejected so it gave me the option to correct the mistake on turbo tax and also switch to e-file. 

juanbeltran1980
Returning Member

@Critter-3 the first time I filed my return was rejected and when I made the corrections is when I did it through efile and I was able switch. The return was accepted and processes the second time. Thank you for the helpful response. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies