Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".
After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.
Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one). Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.
Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery
If none of the user ID's received will access your 2017 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"
If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created. TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.
To access your prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
Only you can check that out ... if you used the downloaded version then only you have info on that on your computer. If you used the online version log into the online system and see if 2017 shows up in the prior year history ...
How do I access a prior year return?
You’ll need to register first if you don’t already have access to your prior year returns under Your tax returns & documents as you sign in to TurboTax.
Before starting, make sure you’re using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as previous years.
- Choose TurboTax Free Edition when starting if you haven't already done so.
- Follow the screens and provide some personal info.
- When you’ve reached the Personal info summaryscreen, select Continue.
- Then, select Filein the left-hand menu (this is just a step in order to register, you won’t actually be filing).
- Continue until you get to Review your orderand select Start.
- Select View payment options.
- Then continue until you get to the registration screen.
- Enter your info and select Register, then Continue.
- Go to Tax Homein the left-hand menu.
- Under Your tax returns & documents, go toDownload/print return (PDF) (select Show if not visible).
- How do I find last year’s AGI?
- How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online?
- Why can't I find my return in Tax Home or My Docs™?
- Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account
- How do I save my 2019 TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?