Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CP09 notice for unclaimed EIC

I also got this letter! I completed my form and send it back immediately on Feb 16. After paying turbo a significant amt I’m super disappointed after using this software religiously for so many years! I have not heard anything. I called the IRS and they couldn’t even confirm that they had received my worksheet. I’m extremely frustrated! Today is week 7, did you try and f/u after mailing your letter? And did you get a paper check even after you filed direct deposit?

Hi there: I didn't follow up with the IRS at all, but if it had gone beyond 8 weeks or so, I probably would have. I received the refund as a paper check. I hope you don't have to wait much longer!

I'm also disappointed with the service provided by TurboTax this year, because of this issue and also because of other changes they made that would have required me to purchase the next grade up software in order to claim the home office deduction (I used to be able to claim that deduction in my usual TurboTax option). I also found it hugely irritating to keep being sent to a pop-up asking me if I wanted to upgrade. The marketing just seemed really intrusive this time. I've used TurboTax for years, but I'm not sure if I will again. 😐

I also recieved this notice. I sent it in on 4/4. I figured it's going to take a while to hear from the IRS because of the government shutdown delay. My notice had an up to amount. I hope I get anywhere near that. Did you receive a decent amount?

I sent my notice in on 3-01. Also, it was a n up to amount. We haven't recieved anything yet.

Hey there! I waited maybe four weeks. I suspect the wait time wasn't all that long because I filed so early. They're probably inundated now! I got $550+ back, which is a lot of money to me as a single parent! I had gone and checked the IRS tables while I waited, so I knew it would be in the ballpark of $500. I hope you don't have to wait too long... 😉  

Thanks I will look into the IRS tables

Where can I find the IRS tables?

I spoke with the IRS today! 5 separate phone calls actually. My EIC claim has been unexpectedly closed without notice and no changes were made I have to completely start this process over again. And just hope!

Jesus. I am worried now.

Hi: you can see the tables at this link (I hope it works!): https://taxmap.irs.gov/taxmap/instr/i1040gi-018.htm#TXMP2db1d5c4

I think you may need to fill in the EIC worksheet first (it's a while ago I did it, so I don't remember!): https://taxmap.irs.gov/taxmap/graphics/24811v07.htm

How come TurboTax did not inform me of this glitch?
I was completely thrown by this form.
I just spent 20 minutes trying to determine why I would be receiving such a form.

I was wondering why my refund as tallied by the software wasn't adding up to be much as I had guesstimated using various refund calculators. But I didn't think to go back through it all to double-check – and in any case double-checking might not have revealed much, since I did supply all the relevant info about my kids. It was only after I filed and then downloaded my return that I noticed the EIC schedule was missing.

I called TurboTax but the rep I spoke to didn't seem to know why the EIC had been left off. When I did some googling, I found that people had reported it last year too. What a pain in the mikta, but at least I didn't have to wait too long for follow-up from the IRS, and for the rest of my refund. I hope you get yours asap too....

That’s a great question! And I’m still really mad! I received another notice IRS need more info so I had to submit it and told I have to wait another 6-8 weeks! This will be my last one using TT! I Called TT again and all they could say was to call the IRS! They didn’t know why or what was going on. Their system glitched and they arnt attempting to help in any way. And I used the deluxe edition! Not the free one!

It's going on 7 weeks and i have yet to hear back from the IRS.
Tanya7799

Whew finally a real timeline. Ok I mailed mines out on April 19th so that’s a good thing. I was trying to call to see if they received it but no luck so I guess I’ll just wait 🤷🏽‍♀️
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies