Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Now im really upset. (Im not upset w anybody...just upset) Why would he tell me i need to go to that portal to give my info. Ma'am, ive filed with y'all for 2 years 2018 and 2019. I also am on SSI. They have my info. Why do some people get it sooner than others?

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Can you take a pic of the area ur talking about I see.nothing that says filing account

You should get your stimulus the same way you get your SSI wherever that goes the IRS does post out on their website. Hope that helps!

Justin80
Returning Member

@Logiebyyoga  you should be okay if you got your refund direct deposited to the card ma'am did you happen to read what @lovemykids2  posted. It should atleast ease some of your worry hopefully. All we can do is sit and wait 😕

Screenshot_20200413-002337_Chrome.jpg

Omg lol. I didn't mean to type maam. I ment to type man. Lol! Ok thanks. I'm always like this. 

@Jesstwhitteker wrote:

Santa Barbara bank says were getting paper checks folks

Wrong; they said those with "a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG" (emphasis added). I have said all along that this probably means the Walmart MoneyCards SBTPG gives mom-and-pop preparers to hand to their customers once their taxes are done. Those are almost certainly not personalized so they do not have direct deposit info unless & until they register the card online or by phone, thus SBTPG must load them by a different method only they have access to and the IRS must issue a paper check. (Same for preparer customers paid by preparer-printed check, Walmart Direct2Cash, or for one of SBTPG's competitors, cryptocurrency; TurboTax doesn't offer any of those options.)

Turbo Cards, however, are pre-registered with Green Dot Bank (directly, not thru SBTPG even though they're corporate siblings) and do have direct deposit info supplied to Intuit by Green Dot Bank the moment you're approved. (That's why your printed 1040 has your Turbo Card's direct deposit info, even though if you used SBTPG the electronic return Intuit sent to the IRS has direct deposit info for a temporary account at SBTPG's bank partner.) If you did not have fees or advances withheld, Intuit sent that info directly to the IRS with your return; if you did have those withheld, Intuit sent it to SBTPG who then sent it to the IRS. Either way, the IRS did get your direct deposit info and will send your stimulus directly to your Turbo Card if that's where you got your refund.

One last point: Per the Treasury press release someone posted a screenshot of earlier (the complete release is at https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm972 ), the upcoming IRS "Filers" portal will NOT allow you to change existing direct deposit info for security reasons; instead it will simply tell you the money has already been sent. Submitting direct deposit info thru that portal will be for those who did NOT provide direct deposit info to the IRS because they owed or had a zero balance for 2019 and/or 2018, and possibly for those with rejected direct deposits AFTER the bank returned them to the IRS (only then can the IRS wipe out your direct deposit info and put you in the paper check line). No, the IRS will *NOT* use bank info from direct debits or state returns; those aren't authorizations for Federal direct deposit that the IRS can use.

Terry14
Returning Member

If you pay child support will that stop you from receiving a stimulus check

Yes your are absolutely correct !👏

Well it’s been proven plenty of people who went through Santa Barbara who had fees taken out has got money on their prepaid cards! My niece just got hers on her Chime Card

@Terry14 wrote:

If you pay child support will that stop you from receiving a stimulus check

Your stimulus check will be offset for child support if your state has certified it to the IRS. That is the ONLY thing that can be deducted from stimulus checks; back taxes, student loans, etc. cannot be deducted.

Chris183
Returning Member

Yes you will receive it on tt card 

@Nottanymoe2020 wrote:

You should get your stimulus the same way you get your SSI wherever that goes the IRS does post out on their website. Hope that helps!

If an SSI recipient has filed taxes for 2019 or 2018 (as the OP said) and supplied direct deposit info on that return (or the IRS "Non-Filers" portal or TurboTax's Stimulus Registration), the money will go there and not where the SSI check goes. I receive SSDI and would have gotten a check automatically next week if I hadn't filed, and my 2019 refund (just approved with DDD of 4/15) is going to the same account; but my stimulus instead arrived today on the prepaid card that got my 2018 refund.

If the OP did not provide direct deposit info for either year (or that info is out-of-date), the IRS or Treasury may substitute their SSI account info; the statute authorizes that substitution even though SSI recipients do not automatically get a stimulus check (unlike SSDI, regular Social Security & railroad retirement). However, if the OP doesn't get it by Friday I would check the IRS "Filers" portal; if it says "paper check" then the OP should provide direct deposit info.

@bige2443 I've argued with two people,go look at the past thread and both called me outside my name.as far as bashing TT I think it's an American right to hold a financial institution responsible,I've been on this thread all 70+ pages and every response given is a robo response or in helpful copy and paste,I've helped some and probably not others,I'm just a straight shooter and wish TT was as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies