Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Change my bank information

I need to change my bank information before it hit the bank account I set when I filed my 2020 taxes

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have already e-filed and it has been accepted by the IRS or you mailed in your 2020 tax return, you are not able to make any changes to your direct deposit information. If your financial institution rejects the deposit, the government will mail your refund check. If your return gets rejected, you can update your account information and any issues that caused the rejection.
Please see the FAQ: What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? for additional information.

If you have yet to file your taxes, you can still change your direct deposit information by following the steps here

@David881

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo tax keeps telling me I can change my bank information I filed and it was put in with no way of changing my bank information im frustrated because now it's going to take longer 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your return has been filed and accepted, there is no way to update your bank account information in TurboTax. You can try calling the IRS to stop the direct deposit if your return hasn't posted to their system yet (and you're willing to get your refund via paper check).  Please see What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? for more information.

@ebasst1967

cheyrii9e7J
Returning Member

HELLO

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@cheyrii9e7J Please take a look at the following reference: Can I change banking information?

PatriceLee22
Returning Member

Change bank to Woodforest  Account number [phone number removed]. Routing number [social security number removed]

PatriceLee22
Returning Member

Darlene Basier [social security number removed]   

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to MichelleLO's post above. This article will help you change your bank information granted you didn't already file your return.

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? 

when are the approximate time we have to wait for both stimulus and our tax return?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@eiserle1, The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received). To check your e-file status, please use this tool; you can also check your refund status at Where is my refund? Regarding the stimulus payments, you may review this link.

Norma1953
Returning Member

i changed my bank info when i filed and the irs did not get it and i want to change my bank info. this site is not user friendly i called and im sorry but  the person had no idea how to help. really?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have already e-filed and it has been accepted by the IRS or you mailed in your 2020 tax return, you are not able to make any changes to your direct deposit information. If your financial institution rejects the deposit, the government will mail your refund check. Please see the FAQ: What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? for additional information.

@Norma1953 

The amount on my tax return was 0 , so it skipped to step 3 on File and I never was able to change it.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@nikotaxbrother, are you saying that TurboTax never asked for banking information because your refund was 0?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies