Solved: Can I get a copy of the letter the IRS sent me indicating I owe money for 2015 return because I made a mistake and my refund was too much?

Can I get a copy of the letter the IRS sent me indicating I owe money for 2015 return because I made a mistake and my refund was too much?

I received a letter from IRS indicating I owe money (including penalties and late fees) for a mistake I made on my 2015 return.  I inadvertently lost the letter; therefore, I need to get a copy to research the issue. I want to know if there is a section on either the IRS website or in backup documentation under my Turbo Tax account where I can print out a copy of this notice.  Also, is there a way I can find out if I will receive any additional notices from IRS for mistakes I made in other year returns.  Thanks

You will have to contact the IRS for the information you need.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

TT does not receive copies of letters that the IRS sends taxpayers.

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."