jcash100114

Can I get a copy of the letter the IRS sent me indicating I owe money for 2015 return because I made a mistake and my refund was too much?

I received a letter from IRS indicating I owe money (including penalties and late fees) for a mistake I made on my 2015 return.  I inadvertently lost the letter; therefore, I need to get a copy to research the issue. I want to know if there is a section on either the IRS website or in backup documentation under my Turbo Tax account where I can print out a copy of this notice.  Also, is there a way I can find out if I will receive any additional notices from IRS for mistakes I made in other year returns.  Thanks

You will have to contact the IRS for the information you need.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

TT does not receive copies of letters that the IRS sends taxpayers.

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

mamafarris90

I've done all the options that was stated but it alwats says due to a high volume of calls we can not process your request at this time I need to speak to a representative 

@mamafarris90 You have added on to a very old thread.   We do not understand what you want or how to help you.   TurboTax never receives copies of letters sent to you by the IRS and cannot obtain copies for you---which is the original topic of this thread.   What is it that you want help with?