Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I file 2016 - 2021 returns through Turbo Tax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You would have to obtain the programs for each year and mail your returns. 

TurboTax does not support tax years 2016, 2017 or 2018.  When filing those tax years for a refund, the refund will not be paid since it is beyond the 3 year limit from the due date of the return.

If you have taxes owed from those tax years then you should seek out a local tax professional to assist you in completing those return since penalties and interest continues to accrue until the taxes are paid.

For tax year 2019 thru 2021 using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the desktop editions for each tax year from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A prior year tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed using TurboTax.  When mailing multiple tax years use a separate envelope for each year.   You should also use a tracking service from the US Post Office so that you know the tax returns have been received.

Thank you so much. Do you happen to have a link to where I can find the products?

The link to get TT software for 2019 to 2021 is already in the reply given to you earlier.  Or you can go to amazon, costco, staples, sam's club, target, etc.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies