turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nayaxo

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4,675 Replies

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

• "Being processed", means the IRS must first process your return and then approve your refund. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days after they receive your tax return, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Hang tight, you will see your status eventually change. 

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund.

Mine was in that status since March 1 and still is. They just sent me a letter about the market place insurance which I don't have. So maybe you are waiting on a letter or its an error somewhere

I received a letter March 1 & my federal is still being processed.

My bars also disappeared which now after googling why i really can’t nail down a real reason but so far I have heard getting reviewed, irs moving slow and a bunch of other stuff ( none of it good ) and i really want to know what the $&@? the tax codes are for if the irs is not going to use them, because if you are being reviewed is there not a tax code for this or if they require further identification is there not a code for that, some of the lucky few get there bars back and a ddd(direct deposit date) but for those who don’t, we should have a explanation and we shouldn’t have to track down a answers amongst each other and who ever we filed threw should try hard to track down a answer for us because if there are like hundreads of threads and thousands asking STOP GIVING US THE SAME INFO WE ALREADY HAVE I WOULD RATHER NOT BE TREATED LIKE IM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO READ THE  VERY VAGUE  EXPLANATION THE IRS GAVE US REAPTED TO ME. ( not trying to be rude but i’m getting sick of this run around) so My question is what does it mean, i’m sure ttax knows how many people keep asking this do you know at least in percentages like “ 10% get there’s with no further info and 75% require further information and so on so forth ) please say something other then wait the 21 day then call because that is bs because why would i wait 21 days to find out that they needed more info when they knew as soon as my bars disappeared!!!!!

Called to check and the gentleman told me to call back wed morning to see if there is any update. The next update will be Wednesday...smh..if nothing is updated to call back to find out what additional information is needed. He said if you fax or mail on any additional information, you must wait at least 10 business days for it to update on the system. Th
bctrojans

Mines still saying processing every since January 29 and still no change

Mine is still processing... I filed on January 29th also.. I have called the irs and they told me that they have everything they need and everything matches up on my side and their side. Since I got my letter on March 12th I have to wait 60 days from the date of the letter. I'm suppose to call back if it isn't sent by May12th.. it's ridiculous.. what the heck is really going on?

Omg! Everytime i call its an automated system. I never get through to a live agent. This is horrible.   What's the hold up!!
kj-lam5

There is a number on your letter with an extension that gets you directly to a very kind and nice IRS agent on the other side.

hey I suggest calling a tax advocate to help push your refund threw faster if you have a hardship going on (which who doesn't have hardships going on that is why most look so forward to getting our tax money) you can reach one threw the irs phone number most are extremely  helpful and they can talk to irs directly not a person that is allowed a certain amount of info and has only a basic knowledge of what is going on  and they will get answers to what is going on. I talked to a very nice woman who told me about still processing versus processing but they want you to be past the 21 day mark I, waited 6 days lol because I knew something was up now I found out I'm under review yeah,..... all because my husband and I filed head of household because we have not been together over 18 months but first time filling on our own  and of course he got his in a week and I'm broke and have four of our six kids completely broke and hope to god it will not take another 2 months like said but good luck all.....Will check back in for updates and will give mine as soon as I get one.
Wr2018

@laurie954213 I am in the exact situation. File Jan 31 bars removed Feb 10th called march 6th I went into review march 5th they first said 45 days from that date unless I get a letter. Got a letter march 13th saying no extra info needed to wait 60 days from that date may 13th it all sucks

I just spoke to someone. They said by May 2  I should receive my federal refund. Thank God! I filed in February. I won't claim child tax credit ever again if I have to wait this long.

You can always change your W-4 withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-with...>
Jd0924

I spoke to someone too last week. They told me that if I don't get a DDD by April 26 to call them back. I filed 2\2 letter date 2\23.  I was randomly selected i did not have to verify anything or provide anything further. @quaniecedavis may I ask when did u file? the fact that they told me to Wait till the 26 i m hoping I have mines my may2 as well. That sounds about right.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies