Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jd0924

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I'm never filing for the child tax credits either f that.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Mrs.Harris16 i filed February 2. I received a letter March 2 telling me my refund was being reviewed due to the child tax credit. I spoke to someone and she said if you didint receive a letter stating more information is needed, u have to wait approximately 60 days from the date of the first letter.
Jd0924

I received my letter dated 2\23 they told me 60 days to wait 4\23 has came and gone. Then they told me that if I dont get a DDD by today, 4\26 to call them back. And I didn't get not 1update. Did wmr UPDATE for u? @quaniecedavis
tghosh

My tax refund screen displays the same message but I have until April 29 to complete 21 days. If after 21 days, I see the same message then should I contact turbo tax audit defense? or  how long should I wait?  I desperately need the money to pay my kid's college and private school tuition.  Is IRS functional or Trump needs to drain the swamp from there too! Thanks

21 days is just an estimate. It can tale longer.

@Mrs.Harris16  I still have no update. I pray it comes next week. If not, I will call them an ask for further details. This is the longest I have ever waited for my return. Smh
Jd0924

@quaniecedavis same here. I file at the same date every year which us 2\2 and I usually have my money by 2\21-2\23 this year has been theeeeee worst.. No update since 2 months ago...
tghosh

Finally, I have some good news this morning. My status bar is updated to approval and expecting to receive the refund by May, 4.  So  in my case reviewed was indeed completed within 21 days although the status bar was displaying for last 10 days like the headline here.  So finally it looks like,  they did not find anything wrong with my turbo tax  return. I suppose,  this is encouraging to others in this link.

@tghosh Congrats!!! I can't wait till my status bar updates. I check it everyday. Hope we all see progress soon.

@Mrs.Harris16 I usually receive both refunds before February ends. This year has been the worst as well. I never waited so long before. It's becoming so annoying. I pray we all get some good news soon. My status bar is still not updated even tho the IRS told me to expect my refund by May 2. I'm a bit nervous.
Wr2018

@tghosh congrats. May I ask when did you originally file your return Only asking because majority of us in this thread habe been waiting way beyond 21 days. I personally filed January 30th and my 21days was up I Feb and I'm still waiting no bars letter said 60days from March 13.
tghosh

I filed my tax return on April 8. Then on April 16 the status bar got changed to the message that return is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available. Since then I am keep checking twice to thrice a day. Even yesterday night I checked and only this morning it got changed to the approval status. Hope this will help.

WMR only updates once daily, during the overnight hours..
willke03

Guys I filed 4/16 a couple days later my bars disappeared and went into “still processing...” nothing has changed.  No kids, no head of household... should I be worried?
bugsmart

I too filed in 2/23  and have no kids, no head of household, single. and no refund to date, still processing.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies