turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes were accepted but on my 8962 form the wrong ss nr is listed on part iv ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My taxes were accepted but on my 8962 form the wrong ss nr is listed on part iv ?

As it was already submitted, you will not be able to change anything.  You may only change if it is rejected.  However, for non-monetary changes, the IRS usually does not require an amendment.  If the information on the return is questionable, they will request more information.  Most of the time, they see the error and fix it themselves so you do not have to do anything at this time.  To learn more about when the IRS would require an amendment, please see When to file an amendment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

As it was already submitted, you will not be able to change anything.  You may only change if it is rejected.  However, for non-monetary changes, the IRS usually does not require an amendment.  If the information on the return is questionable, they will request more information.  Most of the time, they see the error and fix it themselves so you do not have to do anything at this time.  To learn more about when the IRS would require an amendment, please see When to file an amendment.

Thank you so much!!
Manage cookies