turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amending

I need to amend my 2019 tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Amending

The 2019 Form 1040X for amending a tax return will not be available until 02/12/2020.  When available the  Amend (change) return link on the Tax Home web page will be active for 2019.

petera11

Amending

I would need to amend if I missed a W2 on my tax return right? I forgot about a job I had and already submitted my return. So when I amend does it just add a new return 

Amending

@petera11 wrote:

I would need to amend if I missed a W2 on my tax return right? I forgot about a job I had and already submitted my return. So when I amend does it just add a new return 

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

Myrose98

Amending

I need to access the amend feature so I can use it for filling out for 1090A. Will it be available today?

Amending

@Myrose98 wrote:

I need to access the amend feature so I can use it for filling out for 1090A. Will it be available today?

You will not be able to amend a 2019 tax return until the Form 1040X becomes available on or after 02/20/2020.

Amending

So I heard about a Homestead Credit after I filed and wanted to speak to someone about if it applied to my return or not. Is it just automatically applied?

Amending

My ex wife claimed both kids 

Amending

If it is available 2/12/20 why is it still telling me it is not available. 

My letter said i had 20 days, to day is the 20th day.

Amending

@astinson57 wrote:

If it is available 2/12/20 why is it still telling me it is not available. 

My letter said i had 20 days, to day is the 20th day.

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

On the Tax Home web page when the Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return becomes available there will be a link - Amend (change) return

Form 1040X is estimated to be available on 02/27/2020

Amending

I am confused, you say wait until i receive the refund. It still states "Your tax return is still being processed."

I thought i needed to amend and enter the information form the 1095-A they are requesting and i wouldn't get my refund until after that.  Is that not how it works?

Amending

@astinson57 wrote:

I am confused, you say wait until i receive the refund. It still states "Your tax return is still being processed."

I thought i needed to amend and enter the information form the 1095-A they are requesting and i wouldn't get my refund until after that.  Is that not how it works?

If you received a letter from the IRS then you will not need to amend the tax return.  Follow the procedure in this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for tax year 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

Amending

I need to amend my 2019 returns. I went from getting one amount and then it dropped dramatically due to an error I guess I made. How do I fix this ASAP?! 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Amending

Please see How do I amend a 2019 return in TurboTax? for instructions on amending your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies