turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amend 2018, No drop down options listed, Online Version Deluxe?

Under Documents-Your tax returns & documents
Click on year want to amend

Year 2017 gives drop-down for all 1. 2. & 3. Instructions below.
Year 2018 does not have a drop-down for these options, 2018 has already filed.
Wondering what others have for their drop-down arrow for Year 2018

I was on phone a week or so ago with TurboTax & rep was wondering also
why this drop-down arrow was not listed under 2018 tax year, thought might be corrected by now. Below is what should be listed under 2018 drop down arrow, but there is no drop down arrow.

Amend (change) 2018 return
How to amend your 2018 return

1. Download your .tax file
2. Then download TurboTax Desktop 2018 for Windows or for Mac
3. Finally, open your .tax file using Turbo Tax Desktop 2018, and amend your return. Learn more

I also pulled these instructions FYI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-my-2018-turbotax-online-return/00/9...

How do I amend my 2018 TurboTax Online return?
First, make sure you really need to amend and that your 2018 return was accepted in TurboTax Online or paper-filed through the mail. You can't amend a return that hasn't been filed yet.
1. Sign in to TurboTax.
2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2018 and then Amend (change) return.
? If you only see the option to amend 2017 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2018 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
3. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
4. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.
Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool. Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.
Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Is it possible that you have signed in under another TurboTax account that you created? People who have created more than one TurboTax account, but don't realize it, will not be able to pull up the same information in different accounts. You will need to sign in to the account you created for the current year's tax return. 

Please click this TurboTax Help link to learn if you have more than one TurboTax account. 

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for responding to my post, Yes, it is my account, it showed prior years also, I have used Only Turbo Tax for over 10 years and only this account for my filed taxes. My documents showed the years including 2018, just not the drop down options as I noted in my original post. My Mom has the same issue on her Turbo Tax Online Deluxe account. 2018 taxes have been filed since last year, so these options should be listed. The Turbo Tax Rep I spoke to on the phone & who I also shared my online account/file with agreed, there should be drop down options for 2018, she was going to check into the issue further with her team.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies