Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did I get approved for the cash advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

38 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Although we personally do not have access to your approval or denial, if you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

Your Turbo Card will arrive in the mail within 5-10 business days. The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the general reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Please review the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066850

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ashy863

I was approved for an advance and never got it

I was approved for an advance too and never got it, or any info about approval/denial

I was approved for an advance too and never got it, or any info about approval/denial

I didn't receive any email if I got approved or not just got the card

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Not every return qualifies for a Refund Advance, please see the link here for more information, scroll down to the link, "About the Refund Advance application processe" for more details: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

I was preappoved for $1500 which is the absolute ONLY reason that I had my refund go to the Turbo Tax Card. I got an email saying that my refunded was accepted but my advance was denied!  I feel like I was tricked into using that card! Not ok

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the Loan until after you file your taxes and the IRS accepts your return.  Also, if you apply for a loan and are not approved your tax refund will be placed on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card.  You can find more important offer details and disclosures about Refund Advance here.

If we aren't approved for the loan until after then why did it tell me I was before I signed my taxes? I recieved the email and created an account for the card. Still no money 5 hours after being accepted.

Lagirl20
Returning Member

I feel tricked as well. I would have never gotten my return sent to this card if not for the “cash advance”. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

After acceptance you will receive an email one hour from Turbo Tax with information concerning your "Virtual Card".  You will then set up your information per the instructions in the email.  Approximately 48 hours later, you should have the funds on your virtual card.  For additional information, please see below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

@JamiedeeR I’m right there with you except last year I got the loan within 8mins of my refund being accepted. It’s been almost 10hours and still no advance. If I don’t get it by tomorrow I’m going to call the back of the card and see what is up because I’m not going to play with that. 

@Msbarra you are right that is not ok and you should call TurboTax and the back of that card when you get it. I thinks it’s very unfair to say you are prequalified for something when I’m reality you are not. 

My efile was accepted but I did not receive email to set up card info. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies