Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After path act removes when will IRS begin releasing refunds

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Per the IRS Refund Timing page, the IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for more information on the Path Act:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is my first year being under PATH, with on ACTC. My refund was submitted 1/28 and accepted the same day. My code indicates I am a weekly. However my status on WMR is no bars, just a message saying my return is being processed. My question is, if SBTPG or whatever that initials are for the bank that sends the refunds already has my refund info...is that a good sign that the refund is coming soon??? My transcripts do no show a ddd yet but they do show amounts and also a processing date of 2/17. I was just curious when you might expect that I would get my refund at the earliest? Thanks!

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Only Where's My Refund can provide you with an accurate Direct Deposit date.   Once your return was accepted by the IRS, they no long update TurboTax.   

Processing simply means that the IRS is working on your return, it is the stage after accepted and before being approved, and the length of time this step take will vary from one return to the next.   Here is more information on what's happening with your return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4689484

If you choose to have your TurboTax fee taken from your refund, that refund will be handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG):

Here is information about getting help with your refund that is being handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies