Adjusted gross mistake

Qualavolen

Adjusted gross mistake

Well apparently I accidentally put in a job I worked for the year prior with the same info. I no longer work there and had just unemployment for 2020. I happen to notice after I filed that my adjusted gross was 4000 more then it should be. What do now to fix this 

Qualavolen

Adjusted gross mistake

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

hjslus

Adjusted gross mistake

My e-file is already accepted, I was thinking there's away as I might not be at home to receive the paycheck

Adjusted gross mistake

@hjslus   Don't understand your post.  It doesn't seem to be a question.

For both of you..,,.

You cannot cancel or change or add anything on the return that you e-filed.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and add or change it and resend it. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return..

If the IRS accepts your return, then you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or paid the tax due. THEN you can prepare an amended tax return 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return.  Meanwhile, DO NOT change anything on your return until you start the amended return. If you did change or add the missing info then take it out and put your return back to the way it was when you first filed it.

You can check your efiling status here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

How to amend an Online return
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577