Accidentally put wrong filing status

Accidentally put wrong filing status

I accidentally put the wrong filing status on my tax..how can I change it after it's been e filed

Accidentally put wrong filing status

If you need to make changes to a return that was already filed and accepted, you will need to amend your return. Please click here for instructions. 

Accidentally put wrong filing status

I’m in the same boat. My taxes was accepted 2/7/2020 but no change it is now 3/4/2020. When I search on the irs site it say my return can not be found. Today I checked my return to make sure I put in the correct info on the irs website. And some how I file head of house hold when I thought I filed married but separate. I haven’t lived with or seen the person I’m married to in over three years. But when I went to admen my tax’s it will not let me edit head of house hold to married but separate. I wonder if that is why I have not gotten my taxes approved in almost a month since accepted. How do I change my filing status to married but separate on the adem

Accidentally put wrong filing status

You may not need to amend.  Did you have a dependent on your return?  If so, Head of household is the correct filing status if you lived apart from your spouse for at least the last 6 mos of 2019 and maintained a household for you and your dependent.