turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jcasper01
Returning Member

3 Yrs in a row no income on file!!!!

So in 2018 i started a new job. When i filed my 2018 returns my refund got held up. The irs had no record of me working the new job. Took almost a yr to get my refund. Well 2019 same thing happened. my employer thought it was the accounts fault since he did some other things he should t have and she fired him. So for the yr 2020 we had a new accountant and guess what i just got a letter in the mail saying my refund is being looked into. i called and yep no record of income on file. i saw her mail off my info with my own 2 eyes so i know she mailed it off. Then someone told me today the irs gets the income information from social security . Tonight i created an online account to see what i could find. Well i found they have no record of me working at this new job as well. 

Could someone please tell me whats going on, how can this happen 3 yrs in a row and with 2 different accountants. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Sounds like your employer may be at fault, by either not sending in the required paperwork to the SSA and IRS  (or doing so late) and/or failing to remit the taxes withheld from your pay to the IRS.   If so, it could be sloppy bookkeeping, incompetence, or even outright fraud. Do any of your coworkers have a similar problem?

I don't necessarily see an issue with the accountants here. They can only work with what they are given.  You may wish to see an attorney.

jcasper01
Returning Member

It’s only 5 of us there. I know they were a few days late mailing the stuff off but that’s about all I know. The accountant at the end of the yr does whatever they do and mails us our w-2s like any other job. I’m the only one having a problem. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies