turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ldeesjr

2 Questions: #1. Can I pull up my Federal and State tax TurboTax forms Taxable year 2014? #2. Can I just file State Taxes for Taxable Year 2019 here on TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
shaman 1
Returning Member

2 Questions: #1. Can I pull up my Federal and State tax TurboTax forms Taxable year 2014? #2. Can I just file State Taxes for Taxable Year 2019 here on TurboTax?

Can TurboTax file my state forms?

shaman 1
Returning Member

please reply to question #2

@shaman 1 wrote:

please reply to question #2

To file a 2019 state tax return using TurboTax you would need to complete the federal tax return completely before starting the state tax return.  The federal tax data flows to the state tax return.  Then you complete the state tax return.  

Since the federal tax return is not going to be filed then you will have to print and mail the state tax return.

If you are unable to use the Free online edition, then the Deluxe edition or higher has to be used for the federal return,  Deluxe is $60.  A state tax return used with the Deluxe edition or higher is $50.

Have you checked your state website to see if they offer a 2019 state tax return at no charge?

shaman 1
Returning Member

I want YOU to complete and file my state tax as you have already filed my federal tax.

Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  Only you can file it.

How to file state after federal

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

@shaman 1 wrote:

I want YOU to complete and file my state tax as you have already filed my federal tax.

If You completed a federal tax return using the TurboTax online editions, then You have to complete and file the state tax return.  If the  2019 federal tax return was e-filed and accepted by the IRS then you can e-file the state tax return.  If the federal tax return was Not e-filed then you can Only print, sign, date and mail the state tax return to the state.

Sign onto your online account and click on Take me to my return.  Or if that is not available on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  This will take you back to the 2019 tax return.  Click on State on the left side of the online program screen.  Complete the state tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies