Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SadieABrown
Returning Member

$1439 SHORT

I'm ready to **bleep**ing scream. Our refund was direct deposited by TPG and is $1439 dollars short. I calculated that AFTER the $218 Turbo Tax Payment. WHERE IN THE ACTUAL **bleep** IS THE REST OF IT!!!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! I'm not paying for a service that STOLE OVER $1400 of MY MONEY. I want a FULL REFUND NOW. 

And FFS why is there not a customer service email? Some of us have disabilities that are not accomdated well with the autodialer. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

$1439 SHORT

Sometimes we can make an educated guess as to the reason for your reduced refund if you mention specific amounts--for example if your refund was short by $1400---it is likely to be a mix up regarding the 3rd EIP payment.   If it is short by $1800 or  $1500 or  a multiple of that amount  ---   maybe a mixup regarding the advance child tax credit payments. 

Or---the fees you were supposed to pay for using TurboTax + the "refund processing fee" charged by the third party bank….

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99 or $44.99 in CA)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

The IRS will send you a letter that explains why your refund was reduced.   Meanwhile it might help you to check your online IRS account.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-refunds/why-is-my-tax-refund-not-what-i-expected-49240/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-round-economic-impact-payment-top...

If you need to trace a payment that the IRS says has been issued to you, mail or fax a completed IRS Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
SadieABrown
Returning Member

$1439 SHORT

$218 + 49 or $218+$59 is NOT $1435 dollars. I agreed to pay the LISTED fees. I want the remainder of my Tax Refund and a FULL REFUND for these "services" aka FRAUD 

$1439 SHORT

@SadieABrown Did you read the reply you received?   Did you check to see if the IRS reduced your refund because you have a mixup with the $1400 3rd EIP payment---the recovery rebate credit?   LOTS of people made mistakes with that and had reduced refunds as a result of that mistake.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

$1439 SHORT

the same exact thing happened to me this morning.  Turbo tax , who the hell are we contacting regarding this fraud. i cannot take another loss. this money is vital for me and my daughter. i need an answer now. if anyone has any info please let me know. this is unreal. my refund was 4632 and only 300 was deposited. 

$1439 SHORT

If you had the fees deducted from your refund that would leave about 4200 missing.  That sounds like the 3rd Stimulus payment (1400x3 people).  The IRS records show they already sent it to you.

Do you have an amount on 1040 line 30?  You might have tried to claim it again.   Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

Double check your bank statements and check your IRS account (both accounts if married) to see what they sent you.  Check both IRS accounts if married.

Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

$1439 SHORT

look on Line 30 of your tax return? is there $2800 listed there? that is saying you didn't receive the 3rd stimulus payment but the IRS says you did.

did you receive $250 per month for 6 months for the advance child tax credit?  That is $1500 and if you didn't list it on your tax return, your refund is inflated by the same amount.

So $2800 and $1500 = $4300 that was sent to you back in 2021, so it can't be requested a 2nd time on the tax return.

all just a hunch on what occured. 

SadieABrown
Returning Member

$1439 SHORT

I PAID for Turbo Tax Live Premier where a Tax Expert is suppose to review all of your documents to ensure they are correct. We had a baby in 2021 and didn't receive any advance payments. 

I want my money back. I paid for a service that either didn't happen or still wasn't done correctly. Or it gets fixed on your end, like it was supposed to be in the first place. 

SadieABrown
Returning Member

$1439 SHORT

I checked on the IRS and it's the Child Tax Credit that wasn't accepted. We had a baby in 2021 and I paid for Live Premier where all the documents where supposed to be reviewed by an expert. This never should have happened. 

SadieABrown
Returning Member

$1439 SHORT

No, we never did any of the Advance Payments for the Child Tax Credit. It shows the IRS didn't accept our Child Tax Credit. Qualifying depends shows zero and we had our baby last year. 

$1439 SHORT

go back and look at the input where you added Baby....did you answer that Baby lived with you 'the whole year'? even if Baby was born on 12/31/21, the answer has to be 'the whole year'. 

the child tax credit was worth $3600.  it should be reflected on Line 28 (form 1040)

also, look at Line 30 (form 1040) - there should be $1400 for the recovery rebate....  

it's just odd you are stating you didn't get the child tax credit, but the recovery rebate is $1400 and that is very close to what the adjustment was. 

$1439 SHORT

If the IRS changed your refund they will send a letter of explanation in a couple of weeks  or you can go online to see if there is a clue there :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

$1439 SHORT

No one "stole" your money. The IRS made an adjustment.  Wait for the letter from them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies