Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lbaker1113

1095B

3 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

1095B

What is your specific question about the 1095B? I am posting some information below regarding the 1095B below for you. If this does not answer your question, please feel free to reply back to us so we may assist you.

A 1095B is only to be kept for your records. You do not enter any fields from 1095B into TurboTax. Only 1095A gets entered.

Do I need to enter a 1095-B?

randharr

1095B

I received the information that a 1095B is not required for usage during the filing process. My question is, how is my insurance information applied to ensure I receive credit for being insured during 2020? Or a different way to ask is, does not having a 1095A affect how my insurance information is applied?

DoninGA
Level 15

1095B

@randharr wrote:

I received the information that a 1095B is not required for usage during the filing process. My question is, how is my insurance information applied to ensure I receive credit for being insured during 2020? Or a different way to ask is, does not having a 1095A affect how my insurance information is applied?

On a federal tax return there is no penalty for not having health insurance.  Not having a Form 1095-A - if you did not have health care insurance through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges that does not affect your federal tax return in any way.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v