chrisq94960

1095-C

Filed my 2020 tax return and later that week received a 1095-C from work. I forgot I had signed up for anything as it was never used and I am on my parents insurance (I am 24). Will this affect my return at all as I do not think I checked off anything regarding receiving insurance from work? Unless I didn't receive any coverage from work since I only received a 1095-C.

1095-C

@chrisq94960 wrote:

I’m not sure if I checked off any boxes for receiving coverage from work if that’s even a step when filing. I didn’t use any of the benefits I may have had as I am still under my parents insurance @DoninGA 

The only time a health insurance form would be entered on a federal tax return is if you had insurance or were covered under a parents plan where the insurance was through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges.  The Form would be 1095-A.

1095-C

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.  Keep a copy for your records.

chrisq94960

1095-C

1095-C

@chrisq94960 wrote:

adaleo5579

1095-C

Where do i fill in form 1095-C I can't fine it.

adaleo5579

1095-C

Thank you

SForrestLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

1095-C

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ for assistance. 

Do I need to enter my 1095-C?

Skippy742

1095-C

I think I'm getting fined.

I have Covered California from July to Dec (1095-A Form), my previous employer sent me 1095-C for Jan to May but there is no where I can enter on Turbo Tax.

I heard if you don't have health insurance for 3 months you are fined. Funny that if I delete my 1095-A from my TurboTax my refund goes up by $1200

EbonyA
Employee TurboTax Specialist

1095-C

Form 1095-C is just for your records @Skippy742.

nebegay

1095-C

I received a 1095-C from my employer but I'm not able to find a form for 1095-c  to file

1095-C

Can't you see the answers above?  You don't enter a 1095-C or 1095-B.  You only enter a 1095-A if you get one.  

1095-C

@nebegay wrote:

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.  Keep a copy of your records.