turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't see how to adjust mutual fund income in NJ to exclude that from us government securities

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I don't see how to adjust mutual fund income in NJ to exclude that from us government securities

1) Edit the 1099-DIV form that has the box 1a $$ amounts that includes US bond Interest from a mutual Fund.

2) When you get to the main form page...make sure all your values are OK as being the same as your issued 1099-DIV, then hit the "Continue"

3) One (or two) pages later, there are a series of checkboxes...and you check "A portion of these dividends is US Government bond interest".........and "continue"

4)  Next page you put in the $ amount that is from US bonds...you have to calculate the exact $$ amount yourself form whatever info the Mutual fund sent you.

Then it transfers automatically to the NJ tax form in the proper place..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

1) Edit the 1099-DIV form that has the box 1a $$ amounts that includes US bond Interest from a mutual Fund.

2) When you get to the main form page...make sure all your values are OK as being the same as your issued 1099-DIV, then hit the "Continue"

3) One (or two) pages later, there are a series of checkboxes...and you check "A portion of these dividends is US Government bond interest".........and "continue"

4)  Next page you put in the $ amount that is from US bonds...you have to calculate the exact $$ amount yourself form whatever info the Mutual fund sent you.

Then it transfers automatically to the NJ tax form in the proper place..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies