turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: We had a problem while saving your return for filing. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

any idea what is causing this? i do not have any crypto transactions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: We had a problem while saving your return for filing. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

I'm having the same the issue! Can't figure out the reason and waiting on a call from customer service.....

thanks, please post fix if any,

googling this error : this is caused by crypto, but i do not have any crypto investments.

I also do not have any crypto investments

I am also having the same issue

I too am having the same issue. No crypto either. 

pastalover
Returning Member

Same issue.  Hope this gets resolved.

jing0924

I contacted customer service, and the company is aware of the issue and is actively working to resolve it. The representative advised me to wait a couple of hours and try again. If the problem persists, I should call back for further assistance.

Same Exact problem.  tried to submit Last night, and today morning, now lunch time.  Still won't go through..

stacie5
Returning Member

SG835
Returning Member

I also made a post about this today. Although I do have crypto and a schedule C (self employed) form and researching the community posts show they've had this same issue for over 2 years and still no solution. It has to be something wrong with intuit turbotax and submitting the forms electronically. Maybe the formatting or something? I'm not sure but turbo tax should figure it out and it is incredibly frustrating they haven't yet. I'm hoping it is just an issue today.... but likely it is not. 

Not sure if you had just basic forms you tried to submit or if you and others today also had some schedule C self employed forms you tried to e file? Here is the message I get when trying to efile: "We had a problem while saving your return for filing. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service." Then you go through the whole song and dance with customer service about clearing cookies, changing browsers, disabling antivirus, vpn, etc. None of that works. I've tried everything. Its something with the forms and turbotax not being able to electronically save or file them for whatever tech reason. They must know about it. They haven't yet fixed it. I've searched everywhere. It sucks, we have to pay to e file, then we can't file. Then you can't get a refund for paying to e file and you can't clear and start the process over because you already paid to file.  I hate to be pessimist here but I have yet to see any real solutions from anyone. 

pthechild

Also having this issue. Have no crypto investments. 

kawikap

Seems like this issue is super common and relatively recent.  Issue happened for me last night.  I have self employment taxes and do not have crypto.  Changing browsers and clearing cookies did nothing. 

I have the same problem. Please let us know if you get it resolved. 

Gftded12

Had same problem. Believe related to auto upload of investment sales data (many transactions). Deleted my 1099-B that had auto imported. Manually entered only totals for short/long and uploaded PDF copy. E-file went straight through after that. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies