turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jackson Hewitt signed and refiled my return that was first denied. I have already filed with TT, is this legal? I never resigned anything for them to refine on my behalf?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Jackson Hewitt signed and refiled my return that was first denied. I have already filed with TT, is this legal? I never resigned anything for them to refine on my behalf?

You will have multiple returns filed, and probably the first one filed and accepted will be processed, withe the other one rejected.

No it is not legal to file more that one return for the same tax year.  Due to later filing being rejected, IRS will most likely not do anything.

It is possible that your refund may get held up with duplicate filings, you will just have and see what happens.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You will have multiple returns filed, and probably the first one filed and accepted will be processed, withe the other one rejected.

No it is not legal to file more that one return for the same tax year.  Due to later filing being rejected, IRS will most likely not do anything.

It is possible that your refund may get held up with duplicate filings, you will just have and see what happens.

That will make me furious if my return gets held up because of those crooks! We rely on that money each year, they will definitely hear from me!

I don't think they could access my maiden name which is what they'd need, I don't know if they just filed it once again in my married name or what they did but evidently the one I filed went through first because it was accepted.
Gracg94

Did you get your turbo tax return back without any issues from jackaon hewitt or the irs? I think my taxes were denied as well

you authorized them to file for you with your first submission and you must have paid.

If you have ACCEPTED by TurboTax, their attempt to refile failed again.

OOPS, ancient thread.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies