You need to enter the AGI from each of your separate 2017 tax returns.
Your AGI can be found on your 2017 Tax Return (Not your W2):
If you filed a:
- 2017 Form 1040: your AGI can be found on line 37
- 2017 Form 1040A: your AGI can be found on line 21
- 2017 Form 1040 EZ: your AGI can be found on line 4
You can order a free transcript online from the IRS to see what they have on record for your 2017 AGI by clicking here: Get My Transcript. Your IRS transcript will include your AGI from last year.
*If you did not file a tax return for 2017, you should use -0- as your AGI.
*If you Amended your return, use the AGI from your original return, NOT your Amended Return.
For more information, you can check out the TurboTax FAQ link for more details on Finding Your 2017 AGI.
Once you find your correct 2017 AGI, please follow these steps to input it in TurboTax Online:
- Login to your TurboTax Account
- Click "Take Me To My Return"
- Click "File" from the left side of your screen
- Go to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
- Proceed, and make sure you've selected the option "I want to E-file"
- Continue through the screens and you will be given the opportunity to input your 2017 AGI
- Keep walking through the steps until you have re-transmitted your return
Still have questions?Make a post