plavelle719

Will Louisiana return allow me to Iist money I paid when I filed Louisiana extension?

You enter the amount paid with the state extension in the Federal Taxes section under Deductions and Credits.  After entering the state amount paid you need to complete the federal portion of the program and then complete the state portion of the program to make sure the state extension payment is entered correctly on the state tax return.

To enter, change or delete a payment made with an extension request (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Other Income Taxes, click on the start or update button

On the next screen select the type of extension payment made and click on the start or update button

Or enter federal extension payment in the Search/Find box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to federal extension payment

• Click on Deductions and Credits