Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

falconnic

Audit Risk Meter

I purchased the Online Version of TurboTax 2018 Premier and I would like to see my audit risk based on the audit risk meter. However, it seems that I can not find the tab that you guys are talking about in the FAQ. I think I read this wrong and needed the CD version in order to have access to it and only ANY CD version will provide this access. Is there a way I could get a download link for the version I have purchased in equivalent form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Audit Risk Meter

It's exclusively available in TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business Desktop versions and can be accessed on the Review tab (under Audit Protection).  

Note: The IRS randomly reviews a small percentage of returns regardless of audit risk. Additionally, the IRS's focus on audit risk factors changes periodically and is not made public. As a result, a low reading is no guarantee you won't be audited, nor does a high reading necessarily mean that you will be audited.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Audit Risk Meter

It's exclusively available in TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business Desktop versions and can be accessed on the Review tab (under Audit Protection).  

Note: The IRS randomly reviews a small percentage of returns regardless of audit risk. Additionally, the IRS's focus on audit risk factors changes periodically and is not made public. As a result, a low reading is no guarantee you won't be audited, nor does a high reading necessarily mean that you will be audited.

falconnic

Audit Risk Meter

I know, but in the online version there is no such tab :(
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Audit Risk Meter

You are correct.  You won't see it in Online  :(.    My mistake, I thought you were asking for the desktop program.  Are you using both?     You can save your tax file from Online and transfer it to the desktop...If you want to do that, let me know and I can give you instructions.  

falconnic

Audit Risk Meter

I would like to use the desktop version as it seems that the online version does NOT have all the features that the desktop  version has. However, I do not want to pay twice. Seems silly. Therefore I was hoping someone could help me with downloading the desktop version based on my order receipt of the online version.
falconnic

Audit Risk Meter

At the time of purchase, I was NOT aware that the online version can not do all of what the desktop version can do :(
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Audit Risk Meter

You can switch to desktop, as you are right, the desktop has way more features than the Online version.  Here are the instructions and also a link to customer service.  If you explain your situation, you may be able to get a refund for the Online product you paid for, but you will have to call - no billing support happens here in the Q&A forum.   You may opt to contact support first.  

How to switch from TurboTax Online to TurboTax Desktop

[Edited 03/10/20 | updated links]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies