Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bobworld

How to override 1040ES payments calculated by Turbotax to enter my own numbers for 2018

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyJ

How to override 1040ES payments calculated by Turbotax to enter my own numbers for 2018

You can simply cross out the number and write in the amount you want to pay, or you can go through the estimated taxes section and change the input.  

You can follow the instructions below to assist you:

• Click on Federal Taxes > Other Tax Situations
  • Click on the Start/Revisit box next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes
  • Click the No box on the screen Adjust How Much Tax You Pay [This is for withholding from a paycheck.]
  • Click the Prepare Now box on the Estimated Taxes for 2017 screen 
  • Click on the Yes  Review Your Estimates for 2017 screen

TurboTax will display 2017 quarterly estimates based on your 2016 income. If you think your 2017 financial picture will differ, continue through the screens, entering the requested information.  TurboTax will then calculate your quarterly estimated payments for 2017.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyJ

You can simply cross out the number and write in the amount you want to pay, or you can go through the estimated taxes section and change the input.  

You can follow the instructions below to assist you:

• Click on Federal Taxes > Other Tax Situations
  • Click on the Start/Revisit box next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes
  • Click the No box on the screen Adjust How Much Tax You Pay [This is for withholding from a paycheck.]
  • Click the Prepare Now box on the Estimated Taxes for 2017 screen 
  • Click on the Yes  Review Your Estimates for 2017 screen

TurboTax will display 2017 quarterly estimates based on your 2016 income. If you think your 2017 financial picture will differ, continue through the screens, entering the requested information.  TurboTax will then calculate your quarterly estimated payments for 2017.

bobworld

Thank you, but I already knew that was an option.  However, I'm am trying to access a blank form 1040ES so I can enter my own calculated number by quarter, not necessarily a total divided by 4
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies