Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

anesdina

I filed seperatly when I'm married I didn't get any refund yet and my husband didn't file yet. So can I switch to filling jointly

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed seperatly when I'm married I didn't get any refund yet and my husband didn't file yet. So can I switch to filling jointly

Yes you can change to filing jointly with your spouse. To do it, you must amend your tax return to file a married filing jointly tax return with your spouse. You should wait until you get the refund from your married filing separately tax return because the IRS could change it and you need the correct refund amount entered on your amended return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes you can change to filing jointly with your spouse. To do it, you must amend your tax return to file a married filing jointly tax return with your spouse. You should wait until you get the refund from your married filing separately tax return because the IRS could change it and you need the correct refund amount entered on your amended return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies