turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pechg1

What if you have two jobs in one year, and you have two W-2's. How do you put it? This is my first time doing my taxes by the way.

I worked for 3 month in a fast food restaurant, and then quit. Three months later I got a new job, and I'm still currently in that job, but I have two W-2's. Exactly how do I do this? This is my first time doing my taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

What if you have two jobs in one year, and you have two W-2's. How do you put it? This is my first time doing my taxes by the way.

Yes, when you have multiple employers in a year then you must report all the W-2s you receive on one tax return. You can enter many W-2s into TurboTax. 

If you have not already e-filed your return, then take the following steps to add multiple W-2s: 

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online, click Continue your return, then pick up where I left off  (if you are using TurboTax CD/ Download, then just open your return on your computer);
  2. Click search (near the top right of the screen) and type W-2, then click the Enter key;
  3. Select Jump to W-2, then follow the on-screen prompts.
  • If you entered a W-2 already, then click add another W-2. (See picture attached below.)  

However, if you already e-filed, then you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  

If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account add the W-2 and re-submit your return.  If the IRS accepts your return, then complete an amended tax return. You cannot e-file an amended return.   See the following to amend: Form 1040X.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had 2 jobs in 2018. I filed for only 1. I received my acceptance date and 25 days later I havent received my deposit. Do I need to file my other return to get my money

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@carlfair32

As Holly explained above, you file only ONE tax return, no matter how many W-2s you have.

Even if you received a refund from your filing, it won't be correct.

You must amend your 2018 return to add the second W-2. 

To learn more information on how to amend your return, please see this TurboTax FAQ.

NOTE: you should check your 2018 tax return's e-file status; it might have never been accepted, which is the same as not being filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies