turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdupage

Do I have to file a separate return if I received a W2 from a previous employer for an error in my PTO payout upon leaving and the W2 is only for 38.10?

This W2 is from a different state.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyW

Do I have to file a separate return if I received a W2 from a previous employer for an error in my PTO payout upon leaving and the W2 is only for 38.10?

Yes. Since all tax documents are reported directly to the IRS, it is highly recommended to report this and all tax documents on your tax return. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyW

Yes. Since all tax documents are reported directly to the IRS, it is highly recommended to report this and all tax documents on your tax return. 

kdupage

I am reporting it on my return, I just didn't know if I needed to file a state return for Illinois since this money was earned in Illinois. The state amount was less than $2.00?
AmyW

Since there was an effect on the state tax return, it would be recommended to file the return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies