turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Yes I'm doing my stimulas online and it won't approve me because I have no agi from 2018 can u pls tell me what it is

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes I'm doing my stimulas online and it won't approve me because I have no agi from 2018 can u pls tell me what it is

No one here can tell you what your 2018 AGI is.  Your prior year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) can be found by looking at your 2018 Form 1040, page 2, Line 7. If you filed with TurboTax in 2019 (for your 2018 tax return), your prior year AGI should automatically pull over. If you did not file a tax return for 2018, you should enter $0 for the prior year AGI.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

The IRS requires your 2018 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2018 but filing jointly in 2019?

Filed jointly in 2018 but are Married Filing Separately in 2019?

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No one here can tell you what your 2018 AGI is.  Your prior year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) can be found by looking at your 2018 Form 1040, page 2, Line 7. If you filed with TurboTax in 2019 (for your 2018 tax return), your prior year AGI should automatically pull over. If you did not file a tax return for 2018, you should enter $0 for the prior year AGI.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

The IRS requires your 2018 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2018 but filing jointly in 2019?

Filed jointly in 2018 but are Married Filing Separately in 2019?

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

Manage cookies