turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Before I file, I received some dividends on stock I own. I did not withdraw anything, just left it in the account. Do I need to add this to my taxes.

The stock is not part of an IRA.  Also, I started an installment sale in 2016 and it  still continues.  I sold the property at a loss.  Do I need to add the monthly payment that I receive to my taxes even though the money goes directly to pay the mortgage.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Before I file, I received some dividends on stock I own. I did not withdraw anything, just left it in the account. Do I need to add this to my taxes.

Wait until you get the tax forms from your broker.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Wait until you get the tax forms from your broker.  

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Yes, dividends are taxable whether you received a check or just left them in the account. For your installment sale, you would need to report the interest portion of the monthly payments as interest income. Since you sold the property at a loss, the sale itself should have been reported last year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies