turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kapagreg
Returning Member

Wrong version of TurboTax

For the 2022 tax season I used TurboTax home and business to do my taxes. I bought a new computer and downloaded my 2022 Home and Business to it. However, when I open it the program says Basic. I rechecked the download site and it does say Home and Business. How do I get the right version on my new computer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Don't think I've every seen that situation.  Did you ever have the Basic version?  You were able to install it on the new computer and activate it with the License Code?  I would call in.

How to contact Turbo Tax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Oh, one thing you can try is to update your Windows system.  That's been helping people update Turbo Tax.   If you have a new computer there might be lots of Window updates to do.  

Kapagreg
Returning Member

I have never had Basic just home & Business. It installs on my PC buy it never asks for the license code and it comes up as Basic.

Kapagreg
Returning Member

I checked and my windows updates are all installed. 

To correct the issue, I contacted TurboTax customer support. On my TurboTax desktop program, I selected upgrade program from the Help menu. It took me to a page where I was able to select Home & Business upgrade. I was then taken to a page that allowed me to select already paid. This gave me a serial number to get to the agent. They then gave me a confirmation code that I used to upgrade the program from Basic to Home & Business. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies