Chico-D--Mann

With the new tax law (2018), if I am unable to itemize deductions, can I carry over my charitable contributions?

From what I read, the new tax law will likely mean that I will take the standard deduction for the year. I do, however, have a large amount of charitable donations (furniture and clothes from moving, as well as monetary donations). Since I will not likely hit the itemized donation floor, will I be able to enter these in my tax forms as a carryover for 2019?

No, you cannot carry over your 2018 donations.  if you do not have enough itemized deductions to exceed the new higher standard deduction, then you will just get the standard deduction.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return">htt...>