Will my second stimulus payment be placed on my ne...

donald65head

Will my second stimulus payment be placed on my new debit card since my last one has expired and been replaced?

My direct deposit card expired and a new one was issued, is it active for my second stimulus payment?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

donald65head

No, I have my own debit card.   It was just replaced after the old one expired.   Will my second stimulus payment go to the new card

@donald65head wrote:

The payment will go to the account you entered for direct deposit on the 2019 tax return.  If the account is closed the IRS will send the payment by mail or on a debit card.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

The stimulus is going to be sent to the card that the IRS knows about. and used for the 1st stimulus.  If that card is closed the money will go back to the IRS and then the IRS will mail you a check.

donald65head

I believe the expired card and the new card are connected to the same account as my direct deposit information was for my 2019 taxes just not for sure