Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kam_1206

Will I be able to e-file my Schedule C Profit Or Loss form when using the "Self Employed" product? As of now it says e-file is not available for that document.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Will I be able to e-file my Schedule C Profit Or Loss form when using the "Self Employed" product? As of now it says e-file is not available for that document.

Correct, the forms needed for a return with self employment income are not finalized and ready to file yet.  IRS wont start accepting and processing returns until 1/28, so there's plenty of time!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

The Schedule C is efiled together with all the forms and schedules in your return at one time, but all the forms have to be available first.

The Schedule C is shown to be available now.  But do you happen to have any depreciation?  The Form 4562 which reports a figure on Schedule C is not yet available.  If you have depreciation, that can tie up your Schedule C until the Form 4562 is ready (expected date 1/25/19).

Federal Forms Availability Table for Online TurboTax:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html...>

State Forms Availability for Online TurboTax:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_states_online_individual.h...>
BruceSoll
Returning Member

Still no schedule c profit or loss available despite TTAX saying available

BruceSoll
Returning Member

Same for form 8995 and schedule E supp income and loss

This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

All the forms have been ready for a long time.  Are you using the Desktop program?  Have you updated it?  Go to Online-Check for Updates.  And close/quit Turbo Tax and reopen it.

BruceSoll
Returning Member

MY problem is with 1040 schedule E  . Finally TTAx said was ready but does not update. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies