jhenry1997

Why would federal taxes not be withheld from my check?

All forms look correct. I am married filing jointly and have a single dependent.

If you are a W-2 employee, your employer withholds taxes based upon the W-4 withholding form you submitted to him.  Or are you talking about some other kind of check (such as for a pension)?

gloriah5200

Your employer is responsible for withholding taxes from your check based on the Form W-4 he has on file for you.  The IRS made changes to the 2020 Form W-4 which may have affected your withholding amount for 2020. 

Your employer also has tax tables and tax charts that will tell you the amount to be withheld based on the amount of pay per pay period received by you.  Please contact your employer to find out why they did not withhold taxes from your pay.

Please refer to the following link for additional information on the 2020 Form W-4.

jhenry1997

I'm talking about payroll. I have double checked my W-4. I'm married filing jointly with 1 dependent. I'm super confused. I've chosen the same for previous jobs and had no issues. 

Then talk to your employer. They may have made an error.