Why won't TurboTax Deluxe 2020 (Windows 10) instal...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Why won't TurboTax Deluxe 2020 (Windows 10) install? It says Extracting Files then absolutely nothing else happens.

3 Replies
Level 15

Why won't TurboTax Deluxe 2020 (Windows 10) install? It says Extracting Files then absolutely nothing else happens.

Returning Member

No... Nothings has worked.  And I've tried to start the laptop in every available Mode.  It still says "Extracting Files" and absolutely nothing happens.  I have deleted the download, downloaded it again.  Over and over.  I have turned off my virus and firewall.  I have been using Turbotax since 2016 at least and I always download the file and install without a problem.  

I'm stumped.  I would order a CD, but my laptop doesn't have a CD slot and I don't have an external.

Returning Member

I am able to find a folder and this is what is in it...

File name is:  20201228_TTINSTALLER

17:15:29:836 No other instance; Locking now.
17:15:30:096 Path: C:\ProgramData

17:15:30:096 pgmDataLogsDir: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\MSI\TY20\Logs\

17:15:30:096 isDebugLog: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\MSI\TY20\Logs\ISDebugLog.log

17:15:30:096 msiDebugLog: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\MSI\TY20\Logs\TTDErrorLog.log

17:15:30:096 pgmDataLogs: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\MSI\TY20

So... what is going on?

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings