Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why was schedule c not created?

I used the local client version of TurboTax Deluxe and entered 3 1099-NEC forms. TurboTax did not generate a schedule c. Is that expected? The times I've used TT on the web, it has created the schedule c form.

I was using the web version but there's a problem that some of us have and the 1099-NEC data wasn't getting propagated to schedule c. But the web version created a schedule c and it had some data in it. Since I'd already paid online, I wasn't able to start over.  I also wasn't able to resolve the issue with phone support. TT gave me a link to download the local client version for free. I did so, and to be on the safe side, I simply started from scratch with my return (rather than open the return I'd downloaded from the web version).

I'm surprised a schedule c wasn't generated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out. It matters where I enter the 1099-NEC income. I hadn't entered the data in the Business Income and Expenses section. Entering the 1099-NEC information there is what triggers the Schedule C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I figured it out. It matters where I enter the 1099-NEC income. I hadn't entered the data in the Business Income and Expenses section. Entering the 1099-NEC information there is what triggers the Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies