bbeaverson

Why was schedule c not created?

I used the local client version of TurboTax Deluxe and entered 3 1099-NEC forms. TurboTax did not generate a schedule c. Is that expected? The times I've used TT on the web, it has created the schedule c form.

I was using the web version but there's a problem that some of us have and the 1099-NEC data wasn't getting propagated to schedule c. But the web version created a schedule c and it had some data in it. Since I'd already paid online, I wasn't able to start over.  I also wasn't able to resolve the issue with phone support. TT gave me a link to download the local client version for free. I did so, and to be on the safe side, I simply started from scratch with my return (rather than open the return I'd downloaded from the web version).

I'm surprised a schedule c wasn't generated.

bbeaverson

Why was schedule c not created?

I figured it out. It matters where I enter the 1099-NEC income. I hadn't entered the data in the Business Income and Expenses section. Entering the 1099-NEC information there is what triggers the Schedule C.

bbeaverson

Why was schedule c not created?