turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MichelleG

Why is Turbo Tax trying to charge me again?

I bought Turbo Tax Premier on Amazon like I've done for several years.  But this year, when I go to file, it's trying to charge me $44.99 before I can e-file.  I specifically did not agree to audit protection so I don't understand what that fee is for.  Anyone else run across this?  How do I get around it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and

mail the state instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Sounds like you selected to have the 24.99 state efile fee deducted from your federal refund.  There is an extra Pay with Refund charge for that.  So pay the fee with a credit card or you can print and mail state for free.

Go back though the FILE tab and watch close what you click on.  There is one screen you can click on the wrong thing.

State Efile 4499.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies