Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdelk1989

Why is my state tax say uncomplete

Why is my state tax say incomplete
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your federal return hasn't been accepted yet, you will see incomplete for the state. Or if there were state forms that were not yet finalized when you filed your federal, the state would not be filed. You may need to log in and resubmit your state return, if your federal has been accepted and there were forms that were not finalized for your state but are now. See details below. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kdelk1989

Also irs sent letter sayn had send papers n 4 the eic for George norris I sent all documents n he's my nephew not sure why thr a problem I've claim him 4 2 yrs

The new law called the PATH Act would affect returns that included EIC. So they are just verifying to make sure no fraud is taking place. But if your federal hasn't been accepted yet, that is why you see incomplete for your state return right now. More details on that here <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3397970">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3397970</a>
kdelk1989

George was takn away from his parents child neglect he's live with me 2 yrs and my parents also I'm the only one works my parent disability why am I ask to sent document n to verify I sent dr note sayn he lives with me food stamp paper sayn he lives with me wht mre do I need do this boy is hard enuff raise and hav show he lives with me he goes mental health hav people and dr can tell irs this how do know if they need mre document sayn I gt a refund tom 4 43 dollrs it suppos b 4416.00

The IRS will contact you if they need more documentation. Due to the PATH act law, all returns that included EIC were held and looked into more closely to rule out fraud. So there have been many that may have had to provide more documentation to the IRS for their dependents. If you have further questions, you can contact the IRS about your return. You can reach them at 800-829-1040 or 800-829-4477 to inquire about your return.

If your federal return hasn't been accepted yet, you will see incomplete for the state. Or if there were state forms that were not yet finalized when you filed your federal, the state would not be filed. You may need to log in and resubmit your state return, if your federal has been accepted and there were forms that were not finalized for your state but are now. See details below. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies