lme

Why is my refund the same before itemized deductions as it is after

EdwardK

TurboTax automatically selects the federal deduction – standard or itemized – that works best in your favor. As you may already know, itemized deductions are subject to various thresholds and/or limitations so that may explain why your tax refund(s) have not changed. Moreover, your total itemized deductions may not be greater than the standard deduction. Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

Why does my refund not change when I enter deductions…..
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901558-my-refund-amount-does-not-change-when-i-enter-deductions">...>

It could be that the Standard Deduction is still more than all your itemized deductions.   Or maybe you are already getting back all that you can and more deductions won't increase it.
EdwardK

lme

Thank you...makes sense ..again thanks.